Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The War That Saved My Life

     The War That Saved My Life, by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, is about a girl named Ada. Ada has a cleft foot, so her mom abuses her, but lets her brother go to school and have freedom. Ada is kept upstairs, always. When London is evacuated to save children from Hitler's bombs, Ada sneaks away with her brother. They are sent to the house of a nice woman named Susan. They begin to learn to grow and heal. But will that be enough to save them from the cruel grip of war, bombs, and their mother?
      I think this book is very meaningful. It is a good read. It also highlights the scenario of child abuse in a WWII book, which is uncommon. I felt for Ada. I would recommend this book.

Areeba Wani
#40bookchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment