Monday, June 12, 2017

The Circle of Blood by Alane Ferguson

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

          The Circle of Blood is a fantastic mystery book by Alane Ferguson. I know this because the main characters are trying to solve murders and mysteries.
          Cameryn Mahoney is a teenage girl living with her father and very Irish grandmother. However, Cameryn is anything but an ordinary teenager. Her father is the county coroner, and Cameryn has a morbid fascination for all things forensic. She assists with crime scene investigations, as well as autopsies. Her dream is to become a medical examiner, the main person in charge of autopsies. However, soon after Cameryn's long-absent mother, Hannah, shows up, Cameryn is plagued by the threats of a psychopathic serial killer who had tried to kill Cameryn once before. In the midst of all this, Cameryn gets mixed up in a crazy case involving a young girl's suicide-turned-murder and a dangerous cult that is more than willing to kill for the smallest things. Will Cameryn escape her life-threatening position, or will she succumb to a forensic science gone wrong.
          When giving my opinion of this book, I must say that I LOVED it. I find forensic science extremely interesting, so this book was right up my alley. One reason I loved this book was because the topic was refreshingly different, as I haven't found many books with such graphic detail, leaving nothing out, no matter how censor-worthy it may be, like describing how the needle used to sew bodies back up is replaced after every body because the tough skin dulls it so quickly. I also loved this book because it had a great plot, and the story moved along at a good pace. There were many unpredictable plot twists that kept me on the edge of my seat. One final reason I loved The Circle of Blood is the writing style, vivid descriptions, and great vocabulary. For example, the body of the young girl found is described down to the way her hair fluttered around her bloody head in the winter breeze. While I loved this book, many others may not, as this book is not for everyone. If you don't like graphic descriptions of dead bodies, autopsies, organs, etc., DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. However, if you have a strong stomach and a slightly twisted mind, go ahead and give The Circle of Blood a shot.
Maddie A. 
Spicer periods 1&3

No comments:

Post a Comment