Monday, February 13, 2012

The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins


BAM! You landed in an arena facing the girl you love, but the only way you can make it out alive is if you kill her. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins puts a boy Peeta in this situation. This book takes place in the future. “The Hunger Games” is an event that is cruel and mean. The whole North American continent has been transformed into twelve districts. Each district picks a girl and a boy to go into an arena to fight each other to the death, so that there is only one person remaining. Each child gets shipped to the Capitol. When you are at the Capitol, you train and live up the last few days of ever being a normal child again. You either get killed, or you win and you’re then treated like royalty.  Every child picked knows that there is a small chance that they will make it out alive.
       This book has been very interesting and different than any book I have ever read. When I first heard about this book I thought I wouldn’t like it. A few of my friends read it and they recommended it to me.  I then decided to give it a try. As soon as I got over the first few chapters, I was hooked like a fish on a line. I would recommend this book to any and everyone. It’s a little slow in the beginning, but by the third or fourth chapter, you won’t be able to put it down. This book is just so addicting.
Jaclyn P.
Ms. Heater

No comments:

Post a Comment