Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins


         You are chosen to go into a killing game out of all the people in your district. You get into the arena and you realize that if you make one bad move, your life would be over faster than the blink of an eye. What do you do? My realistic fiction novel, The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, is about a sixteen-year-old girl named Katniss Everdeen.
         The nation of Panem  (the futuristic USA) has twelve districts. Each district has to send one boy and one girl to fight to death on live TV. Katniss takes her sister’s place in the Games and now has been chosen to go into a killing game to fight for her life. Whoever wins the games, gets the fame, fortune, and food. At the end of the games, does Katniss have to choose between life or love, family or fortune?
         I like this book because it kept me on the edge of my seat with tension and trepidation! I recommend this novel to anyone of any age because there is some sophisticated vocabulary and it is very enjoyable! I rate this book a 5 out of 5 because the characters are relatable and I can understand their pain.
Sydnee S.
Ms. Heater
      

No comments:

Post a Comment