Monday, February 13, 2012

The Dead and Gone By Susan Beth Pfeffer


SQUEAK! You traipse down the streets in New York, overwhelmed by the rotting odor of corpses as you watch rats nibbling off of their decaying remains. Well, in the book, The Dead and Gone by Mary Pfefer, that’s how Alex’s everyday walk to school is. How did this happen? An asteroid smashed the moon, and it moved very close to earth. This caused colossal tidal waves and it created erupting volcanoes. Alex and his sisters are stuck in the Big Apple without their parents. How will they survive?
         Overall, this book is a relatively good read. It’s everything a reader who likes action, suspense, and a little bit of drama looks for. Therefore, I recommend this book to people whom like world crises, suspense, action, and when a book is written in third person. One thing I didn’t like about the book is that there aren’t very many descriptions on the characters, and when I read about books, I always picture the characters in my head. So, it beleaguered me when I drew a blank trying to figure out what the characters looked like. I hope you someday read this astonishing book.

Amanda V. 
Ms. Heater

No comments:

Post a Comment