Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Holes by Louis Sachar

The book I have chosen to write my blog about is called Holes written by Louis Sachar.The genre of Holes is Realistic Fiction. It is about a boy named Stanley who is sent to a camp that is in the middle of knowhere, but surrounded by a bunch of sand. There is a mean lady named Madame Zeroni who is the boss of the camp.  She makes the kids dig holes. After a few days of being at the camp Stanley makes a friend named Hector who is younger than him. Then soon after, Hector runs away! He ran off to escape the torture of the camp. Stanley being the shy and silent type, felt to afraid to go after him. But feeling guilty about Hector, Stanley snuck off. From there his adventure starts on how he will find Hector while also uncovering the mysteries of the camp.

I highly recommend the book Holes by Louis Sachar because it sends out a positive message, has an amazing storyline, and even has a bit of mystery. Immediately when I began reading Holes I was hooked into the story! It's storyline always made sense, and still was entertaining at the same time. There is also a past behind why Madame Zeroni makes the kids dig holes, that's where the mystery comes into play. I hope you would like to read Holes now, so you can experience the fun I had while reading this book!
-Ammar C
Ms.Spicer 8/9

No comments:

Post a Comment