Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Textrovert by Lindsey Summers

   During this school year, I've read plenty of books but my favorite was Textrovert by Lindsey Summers. This is a realistic fiction book because it has realistic problems, like teens losing their phones and dealing with drama in high school. In the book, Keeley Brewer, a senior in high school loses her phone at a fair, but when she goes back to get it, she ends up grabbing the wrong one. Instead, she grabs another guy, Talon's phone.  It's bad enough that she's lost her phone, but it's even worse when Keeley finds out that Talon just left for football camp. He won't be back for another week and he's got Keeley's phone. The two agree to send each other's messages until they can swap back phones. At first, Keeley thinks Talon is an obnoxious and self-centered jock, but as she gets to know him through their texts she falls for him, hard. Talon likes Keeley, too and isn't shy about it.  Things get between their relationship though, like the fact that Talon wasn't being completely honest about himself to Keeley. After learning shocking things about Talon, Keeley has to decide, is it all worth it?
   Overall, I absolutely loved this book and could honestly read it again. One reason I liked this book was because it had a great sense of humor. I laughed so many times while reading. For instance, Talon is always telling Keeley corny jokes to make her smile. The drama in the book was also amazing. I never wanted to put the book down. One of the many examples of drama involved is when Keeley and her brother argue about Keeley dating Talon. Furthermore, I loved how the book always kept me on the edge of my seat. I never knew what to expect with Keeley or Talon. I would recommend this book to middle schoolers who love a good romance filled with drama.
-Shalika J.







No comments:

Post a Comment