Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Projekt 1065 - A Review By Matthew J.



     My favorite book out of ALL the books I've read this year is Projekt 1065 by Alan Gratz. It is historical fiction and I know this because the events take place during WW2 but didn't actually happen. The story begins with Michael and his family, Berlin's Irish Ambassadors who are secretly spies in their home. Michael attends school like any other boy his age. School is brutal in Berlin, and students were taught nothing but Nazi propaganda. However, the Nazis were losing the war on all fronts so they lowered the age to join the Hitler Youth. Michael and his friend, Fritz, are now able to join but must pass a series of vigorous tests to do so. At the same time, Michael is using Fritz to obtain secret plans for the Nazi jet, Projekt 1065, to pass back to Britain. Will he make it? Read the book to find out!
     I really liked this book for a multitude of reasons. One such reason I liked it was because of its many dramatic plot twists. Another reason is because it really gave me a better understanding of the Nazi's devilish actions. Lastly, I liked it because of its action. The second half of the book is filled to the brim with action and lots of it. I would recommend Projekt 1065 to anyone who likes WW2 novels with lots of plot twists and suspense.

By Matthew J.

No comments:

Post a Comment