Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Magyk - Angie Sage

          My favorite book that I read this year was Magyk by Angie Sage. It is the first in a seven book series and it is fantasy because it has magic, ghosts, and wizards. Silas Heap walks through the snow and hears a baby's heartbeat by using his Magykal power. He and his wife Sarah heap already have 6 sons and a newborn baby, so Silas thinks that she won't mind. About to enter the castle, Silas encounters Marcia Overstrand, who is the ExtraOrdinary Wizard. Marcia says to keep the baby a secret, and that she was born to him. He comes home to see a midwife screaming that their baby boy Septimus is dead. They raise the girl in place of Septimus and name her Jenna. Now it is 10 years later and Marcia barges into Jenna's 10th birthday party saying that their neighbor is a spy and that the neighbor has found out that Jenna is the princess and Marcia must take Jenna for safekeeping. What will happen next? 
          My opinion of this book is that it is one of the best books that I have ever read. My favorite genre is fantasy so I am partial to this book because of it. I also like this book because of it's action which it has plenty of. It's setting is very intriguing as well. I love the concept of magic which is another reason why I love this book. I would recommend this book to fantasy and magic lovers for all of the things and components of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment