Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Son of Neptune by: Rick Riordan

      The book I read was The Son of Neptune by: Rick Riordan. The genre of my book is fantasy. My book is fantasy because it has to do with gods and goddesses. There are 3 demigods on a quest. demigods are kids that are born from gods and mortals. They are half mortal and half god. Ok the three demigods names are Percy Jackson, Hazel Levesque, And Frank Zhang. Percy is the leader of the group. Even though he lost his memory he still acts like how he used to. Hazel and Frank are his new friends or would die for each other. All three of these demigods are on a quest to stop the giant Alcyoneus. They have to take a journey up country to Alaska and try and defeat the giant in his own territory. Will they defeat the giant, Will they even make it to the destination. Find out by reading The Son of Neptune.

    I really liked my book. I liked my book because of its amazing because of its twist of Action, Adventure, and the was Rick used the myths in his book. I like how Rick wrote his book similar to the first one in the series  The Lost Hero but no so similar that it become predictable. I also like how Rick Riordan wrote the book in a young teens life so that we could relate. I personally like this book because of it Greek and Roman myths. I also like the book for its theme Evil is punished and Good is rewarded. I really like its genre. The genre is fantasy. I read fantasy a lot. The Son of Neptune is in a series along with 1 The Lost Hero, 3 The Mark of Athena, 4 The House of  Hades, And now on the way 5 The Blood of  Olympus. The only thing I didn't like in my book was when you get so used to a character and then it changes characters in the next chapter.  That was the only thing I didn't like about the book.

Saquan Jolly
Miss.Spicer 

No comments:

Post a Comment