Thursday, June 19, 2014

A World Without Heros by Brandon Mull

A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull is an action packed book. Jason is a normal teenager working at a zoo, but getting swallowed by a hippo puts him on a life journey. Jason is expelled to a new world named Lyrian. In this world, there is a evil emperor who has almost conquered Lyrian. The only way to defeat him is a magical word that tears him apart. From there, he meets the Blind King and Rachel, who is also a beyonder. They go on a quest to save this new world and on the way, they meet new friends to help them on their quest.

Great characters, lots of action, and the shifting between different perspectives are just some of the reasons why I like the book A World Without Heroes. One of my favorite characters is Jason. What I especially like about Jason is that he is a courageous, daring, and brave young man who cares about his friends. In every few pages, there is always lots of suspense or action. This makes the book not bleak and it always put me on the edge of my seat. Another thing that I like about this book is that the perspectives change every couple of chapters. This helps me visualize what's happening with the character and how they react to their own situations. This also helps me understand more about what's happening within the story.

Jason L Spicer, Periods 4 & 6

No comments:

Post a Comment