Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars is a wonderful book by John Green. This book is about Hazel Lancaster who was diagnosed with cancer at age thirteen. Now at age sixteen Hazel's life is pulling around oxygen tanks and going to support group. That is not the kind of life that she planned for. Hazel especially hated support group but one day Augustus Waters came and life took and turn. Augustus was a survivor of cancer but lost a leg in the process. Gus went to the support group with Isaac to support him while he went through a rough time. After support group Gus invited Hazel to his house to watch a movie. Will this be the start of a budding romance? Or will everything fall apart in the end?

I really enjoyed this book because of the authors style, the vocabulary, and the characters. The first thing that I liked is the author's set up for the book. You felt like you were in the book watching everything happen before your eyes. everything was described in a really good way. Another thing that I liked about the book was the vocabulary. John Green used a good amount of good vocabulary. The last thing that I enjoyed about this book was the characters. When I read this book I thought the characters were real. The characters were so detailed that you could imagine what everyone looked like.  I really enjoyed this book and I hope you do also?

Katie R. 
Pd. 4/6

No comments:

Post a Comment