Thursday, June 19, 2014

Perfect by Natasha Friend

The book I would really recommend is called Perfect by Natasha Friend. This fabulous realistic fiction book is a about a girl named Isabelle Lee who suffers from bulimia. Which is a disease when force yourself to throw up after eating meals because you have a low self-confidence level. Isabelle is able to keep it a secret until her younger sister sees her sees her and tells their mother. As a punishment, her Mother sends her to a support group. Isabelle is furious and doesn't want to go. She eventually does anyway because she has to. It is only when the most popular girl in school walks in that Isabelle begins to change her mind about the way she looks at others because sometimes even the most happiest person can have the darkest of secrets. Maybe even questioning how some people are perfect.
 I personally loved every single detail about this book. Probably one of the main reasons to why I like this book is because it is realistic, people actually struggle with these problems every day. You can never tell if a person is feeling bad because they usually hide it well. Another reason why I liked this book is because the author had a great way of organizing the character's feelings. Lastly, I liked this book because I could feeling like I was  there with the character's. If you're ready for a heart wrenching, stomach churnng book that you can't put down, then I'd choose Perfect by Natasha Friend.

Maddie S.
Spicer Pd 8/9

No comments:

Post a Comment