Wednesday, June 18, 2014

So B. It by Sarah Weeks



So B. It is a realistic fiction book about a girl named Heidi It and her journey to find out who she is. Heidi has grown up in the care of her neighbor Bernadette, since her mother is mentally disabled. Her mother can hardly remember her own name, so it is no surprise that she can't remember where she came from. Heidi is curious about her and her mother's pasts. She wants to know about her father and other family members she might have had. After finding photographs showing her mother years earlier Heidi decides to go looking for answers about her past. She travels by bus and finds answers about her past and who she is.

I enjoyed this book very much. One reason I liked So B. It was because of the main character Heidi It. Heidi was very relatable and a character I generally liked. Her thoughts were always insightful and interesting to hear about. Another reason I liked the book was because of the vocabulary. Many exciting words were used, like sauntered and pitiful. The last reason I enjoyed the book was because of the authors writing style. Sarah Weeks was always descriptive in this book, I was never left wondering about a small detail that she hadn't described. I enjoyed this book very much and hope you do to!
By Rosy M.

No comments:

Post a Comment